Harlan Laboratories is an international company who supply ‘research models’ for use in experiments. These ‘models’ are animals, including beagle dogs.
Harlan breed (or ‘produce’ – to use their own terminology) beagles in the United Kingdom. They also offer their clients the option of purchasing ‘surgically-modified’ animals. This means that some beagles undergo surgery on Harlan premises so they are experiment-ready before being transported to a client’s laboratory.
In essence, Harlan make beagles to order.
Save the Harlan Beagles is headed by a group of professional women who believe that breeding beagles for use in vivisection is morally reprehensible and that experiments on any non-human species perpetuates bad science that adversely affects human health.
- To close Harlan’s UK beagle breeding/donor sites AND
- End the scientifically-flawed and cruel testing of human medicines on non- human animals.
OUR OBJECTIVES WILL BE ACHIEVED BY:
- Peacefully and progressively raising mainstream public awareness of the Harlan beagles’ plight
- Lobbying the government to amend current animal testing laws to exclude dogs (as an initial step towards ending all vivisection)
- Calling for an independent scientific inquiry into the efficacy of animal testing in which the pro- vivisection community are asked to provide empirical evidence that experiments on non-human animal models are scientifically predictive in human medical research (i.e. can mimic human responses to medicines).
Please join our campaign and help us expose the wholly misleading propaganda
surrounding animal experiments that protects £multi-billion commercial interests and is delaying revolutionary advances in cures for human diseases and conditions that will save human lives.